The C.H.A.S.E. Sensorium© is an edutainment (educational entertainment) event featuring interactive stations that demonstrate what it feels like to have sensory challenges affecting those with and without autism or other disabilities. This engaging event challenges and educates people of all ages about every sensory system. Through serious play, kids learn about each without realizing they are being taught.
We teach sensory overload, as well as underload. Like autism, sensory challenges and symptoms are a spectrum. One person may be sensitive to bright lights or loud sounds, whereas another may experience sensory issues with all systems and affect their ability to function in daily life. Classrooms, public places, etc. can overwhelm children with sensory challenges. This can cause behaviors that are misunderstood.
Why the C.H.A.S.E. Sensorium© is important play:
- Sensory challenges can cause things to look behavioral in nature. If peers do not understand, children with these challenges can be excluded and bullied, leading to low self-esteem and other social problems.
- No educators receive training on sensory information at the University level. Only occupational therapists in a Masters program are exposed to sensory training.
- Curriculum written by industry experts
Bring the fun of a C.H.A.S.E. Sensorium© to your next event! Participants are immersed in fun, hands-on learning at Sensorium stations.
- Perfect model for schools and community events
- Can combine with other school activities (STEM, back to school nights, etc)
- Also informative for teacher in service days and student teachers
- Event is scalable to accommodate any group size and space
- PUZ attends all events
- Resource table and literature provided
- Available throughout the Kansas City metro area
Schedule your SENSORIUM© today!
913-579-6119 or email@example.com